Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC® is safely used to fill in wrinkles and depressions in the skin where over time we have experienced loss of facial volume. The injection of fillers is both a science and an art, when choosing a physician for your filler treatment we suggest you consider the credentials of the injector as top priority.
Dermal fillers can also be used to enhance the lips and in the correction of depressed scars. While there are several different hyaluronic acid products available, River Region Facial Plastics prefers Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC ® products mainly due to its ease of injection and natural look and feel of the product after injection. Hyaluronic acid is found in the body naturally so we see few problems with reactions. Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC® is a wonderful option to treat heaviness of nasolabial folds, boost lips, eliminate lip stick lines and in general replace lost facial volume. Depending on the crosslinking of the product, dermal fillers can provide gratifying results up to 1 ½ years.
You may be wondering what the XC is all about in Juvederm. The XC in Juvederm XC indicates that the filler contains lidocaine in the syringe, which makes it much more comfortable for you, the patient. The Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC® syringes also contain 25% more product.
If using Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC® or any dermal filler in the area of the mouth be sure to let your physician know if you are prone to developing cold sores. Our staff would want to get an antiviral on board starting the day before your treatment. When injecting dermal filler products our physicians use cannulas instead of needles. Why cannulas? It is a very safe way to inject and also reduces pain, bruising and swelling.
• Ice the treated area as much as possible until bedtime.
• Apply make up as desired, if the skin is not broken or irritated.
• Clean your face normally.
• Expect some red bumps at the injection sites • Take your cold sore medication (if prescribed)
• Call us with any questions or concerns.
• Don’t massage the area
• Don’t exercise for 24 hours
• Get excessive sun or heat exposure for 24 hours
• Take aspirin or other blood thinners (such as Plavix) for one week unless directed otherwise by your doctor (Be sure to ask!)